Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Graduation gifts

After thinking long and hard, I have decided what to spend my graduation money on. When you are closing in on 30 years old (uhh, yuck), graduation money has different meanings than it did when you were 18 (or at least it does to me). I couldn't tell you what I did with the riches that I gained in 2000. Sadly, I can guarantee that it ALLLLLLLL was wasted away.

So, here in 2011, I have a different plan. First off, it is a BIG deal that I have hung on to it for this long. I'm not saying I have hung on to all of it, but I have most of it. I wanted to buy something that meant something. Something that I can look back on and remember the day. There have been many times during the past month that I have asked if I needed to spend the money on bills. My husband (who I know this has been very hard for) has always replied no. He has given me suggestions on how to spend it (XXL T.V. for the bonus room that we hardly ever use....which I was also informed we don't use it because there is no XXL T.V.) He has been very nice about this money, except when he tells me that I am going to loose the check because I loose everything (yeah, so I'm a little unorganized...who isn't.....).

So, I decided with some of it I am going to buy myself a piece of jewelry. From Tiffany and Co. This way, I have a sweet reminder of my big day and something I've always wanted to say I have. A piece of Jewelry from Tiffany.

With the rest........
Well......
I'm looking into a Roomba.
Wow, graduation money really is different when you're almost 30.

2 comments:

  1. I think your ideas for the money sounds great! Your jewelry would become a family heirloom.
    Please cal me if you are home! I need to ask you a couple things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, here are some pics of bedrooms with orange that you might be able to draw some inspiration from.
    We've done the bold color thing, too, and I learned that no matter how much I loved it, I could barely change a thing when my colors were so bold!
    I love that super-light blue, too, and I wish my bathroom were that color instead of a lilac color. :/ oh well, we're figuring it out over time!

    http://www.decoratingroom.net/decorating-an-orange-bedroom-tips-ideas-and-examples

    ReplyDelete