Wednesday, December 1, 2010

"I bet being married is awesome!"

Let me use this blog to do a little complaining. Sorry, but I have to. I HATE, I mean, HATE group projects and group work. It never goes the way it should, you never have enough time, no one ever does their part, and you end up the day before a 10 page paper is due running around like a chicken with it's head cut off trying to finish. Then, just when you think your group is all together and it's going to get done, one of them gets on Facebook and starts "chatting" with a guy (who isn't her boyfriend, but she thinks is awesome) and we have to go through the whole "my boyfriend's an ass, but I love him" crap. Then, my favorite part......"what's it like to be married?" "Do you love it?" "I can't wait to be married!" "I bet it's the best!"

Really?

I hate being the only one who just wants to meet and do the damn project. I don't care about your boyfriend and how awful he treats you, but you can't leave because you have put too much time into the relationship. I don't care about your new job at Target and what your discount is (ok, that might be a lie, but go with me here), I don't care about your crazy ex who won't watch your kid for just one afternoon.....

I JUST WANT TO FINISH THIS DAMN PROJECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for listening. I hope this was entertaining to you. If so, you can take my place this afternoon when I meet with my group to finish, I mean start, that 10 page paper that is due tomorrow. On second thought, you all just stay home and pray. I'm going to need it!


2 comments:

  1. bahahaha! LOVE IT! I HATE group projects too! Teachers do this just to make us want to kill ourselves and stress even more than with a normal project! Hope you get it done, and never have to do another one again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Group projects while married (and possibly with kids) is the worst! Not much longer and it will all be over. Just keep telling yourself that!

    Oh, and thank you for the sweet birthday wishes. :)
    We actually just got back from a last-minute trip to TN because daddy was in the hospital.

    ReplyDelete