Friday, May 6, 2011

Baby bunny...and I don't mean bread...

This week has been crunch time. In approximately 8 days, I graduate from college. YAY! But, before celebrating, I had a million things to finish.

My internship was over last week, so I've had this whole week to complete my internship binder. This meant I had to take EVERYTHING that I had done for the entire semester, put it in a binder and hand it all over. There is no telling how much money is wrapped up in that binder and I will never get to see it again. Anyways, my kitchen table became my work station for the week. It was ridiculous how much crap I had to get in this binder. (side note--when working on a project like this, I prop open the front door so that the cat can go in and out at his leisure and I won't have to constantly get up to let him in or out....I know, it's ridiculous.)


So, here it is, Friday night and my binder is complete. I decided to be a good little wife and go ahead and clean up my mess. With printer in hand (yes, I said PRINTER), I turn and look and there is the cat......inside.....with a baby rabbit in his mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm home alone with a cat who has a baby bunny in his mouth in my living room.



(Here he is, trying to figure out how to get back outside through glass)

Thank god I thought in time to put the printer down before picking the cat up (who is still holding the bunny in place) and tossing him outside. I then kinda shook him until he dropped the poor bunny (which is now hiding on my front porch and won't come out). The bunny survived, don't worry, and eventually Jordan got him to hop right off the porch.

Thank GOD this semester is just about over.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for updating your blog so that I know you are in fact alive. I thought maybe you were laying under a pile of papers somewhere, choking to death on pencil erasers you started eating in a moment of public-health-induced hysteria.
    SOOOO proud of you for finishing your degree and keeping your priorities in line!
    Talk to you when things calm down...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't be surprised if I was under a pile of paper dying. This week has been kinda surreal. I can't believe it's over and I can't believe I get to move on with my life. I'm happy, but sad to be leaving my public health friends. Unfortunately, I have to go back to CVS until something else comes along, but at least I don't have to come home and write papers about CVS every night or take test over the prescriptions I filled that day. It also seems weird that I am actually going to be working for money too and not just giving someone all my time for free!

    We will talk soon! Thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your graduation!!!! :-)

    And OMG about the bunny, I think I would have passed out!

    ReplyDelete