Sunday, May 22, 2011

celebrate good times, come on!



After graduation on Saturday, we loaded up and went to the beach. What a great way to celebrate. Ang and Dylan went with us, so it made the trip that much more special. We had awesome weather, great food, and a lot of laughs. I think I could have stayed a month....as long as I could have come home and got my kitty and took him back with me. (Just imagine, that sand would have been like litter box heaven to him!)

Anyways, while I was there, I got the call that I officially have a job! It's only a summer position, but it's with the CDC (Center for Disease Control). In the public health world, this is HUGE! It's almost impossible to get them to even talk to you, much less offer you any kind of position. I was just in the right place at the right time (and I had a professor who was actually praying daily for me to get this job! How great is that!?!). I would love for it to turn into something more, and it is possible that it could, but just in case it doesn't, I am of course holding onto my CVS job for a little longer.

I am very excited to see where this job takes me. If nothing else, it is going to look FABULOUS on a resume.

Yay for beach vacations and those pesky phone calls you get while you are there that just happen to be REALLY AWESOME news!

3 comments:

  1. I bet you had a blast! We had a good time at the beach, too, but I'd be lying if I said there weren't times I wished we were there kid-free! :)
    Congrats on the CDC, you big GRAD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny, cause I was thinking that I would like to be those people on the beach with the really cute kid that everyone is admiring! I know what you mean though, I'm sure my reading time would have been cut by more than half if I hadn't been "childless".

    Thanks for the congrats. It doesn't feel quite real yet, but I have a feeling when August rolls around it will be very, very weird not going back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the job!! Hoping it turns into a full time for ya!! I agree with Cayce, a trip without he kids sounds nice. But I know I would miss them like crazy!
    *Jana

    ReplyDelete