Wednesday, November 17, 2010

2 Pac, Miley Cyrus, and a little (ok a lot) of Journey

Doesn't someone in history say something about music makes the world go round (or something to that effect)? Well, it makes my day go round. Thank goodness. Today, I am thankful for the happy and usually pretty old music that makes up my ipod and helps my drive home from school or work or wherever I happen to be that day.

I realized yesterday, as I was singing VERY loudly on the way home from school (to Cyprus Hill, I might add.....embarrassed?? Nah) that "insane in the membrane" really ended my day in such a happy mood! How sad is that? It is a horrible song, but it takes me back to being a kid. I think the first time I ever heard that song was from my cousin T.J. and I am pretty sure it was on a cassette. I love music that takes me back to a different time in my life and it just makes me smile. OK, so maybe Miley Cyrus only takes me back to a year or so ago, but man, her music is so upbeat that there is no way I can be in a bad mood after listening to her. That's right, I am a closet (well, not anymore) Miley fan. I can sing as good as she can, cause lets face it, there isn't much talent there. I also wondered, who else has a combo on their ipod like 2 Pac and Miley??

I love the feeling of just letting the day go and "jamming" out in my car, all alone, for at least 30-45 minutes a day. So, turn up your volume the next time you hear that song that makes you remember exactly where you were in 10th grade the first time you heard it. It's the best!

2 comments:

  1. Loud old school music = one of the best simple pleasures ever!

    Miley, though? Seriously? I'd like to hear jordan's take on that!

    ReplyDelete