Thursday, November 4, 2010

Being Thankful

Usually, I would never participate in something like "for a whole month, name something daily you are thankful for". I would think it was silly, I would think that I didn't have time, or even scarier than that, I would wonder if I would be able to think of 30 things that I was thankful for. Isn't that sad?. Not that I'm not a thankful person, just that I would be scared that I couldn't come up with enough to say (I know, you all are thinking, umm you never have a problem finding enough to say). So, since it's already November 4th, I don't have to come up with 30 ! HAHA! I cheated the system. I also know that I won't blog everyday! HA! Beat it again!!!

So, for the next however many days, I am going to say what I am thankful for.

Day 1: Religion

I know you a thinking, why religion, why not God or Jesus? I am VERY thankful for having God in my life and just as thankful for His greatest sacrifice ever, His Son. But for this month, I am going to focus on religion as a whole to be thankful for. Have you ever met anyone who didn't have religion? Have you even had to be around someone who didn't have God in their lives? They are a sad group of people. They are a lost group of people. I am not as religious as I should be and I'm not as religious as I was raised (please forgive me for that Mom, it's me, not you guys). But, there isn't a day that passes that I am not thankful for God. There isn't a day that I am not thankful that I live in a part of the country where religion is a great and valuable thing (another reason I am proud to be southern!). Without religion, do you realize what our world would be like? Do we actually understand what we would go through every single day? Without religion people would have nothing to hope for, they would have nothing to strive to be better for. So in my opinion, religion is something that we all need to be thankful for, as well as God.

1 comment:

  1. Good pick for #1. We are indeed blessed to have religion. How else would we have hope or peace in our hearts?

    ReplyDelete