Sunday, November 14, 2010

Paula Deen

I feel like my thankful post are getting just a little too serious for my taste. So to sum up my really important thankfuls, here they are:

Mom and Dad
Grandparents (those with me and those who watch over me)
Family in all aspects
Friends
A warm bed and a place to live

Ok, I'm sure that there are a lot more things to be thankful for, so please don't think less of me if there is something that I have forgotten. I'm trying....believe me, I'm trying.


So today, I am thankful for Paula Deen. I am thankful that her cookbooks came into my life and made me look like I am the best little southern cook this side of the Mississippi. I am thankful that her millions of pounds of sugar and butter make me seem like a super hero. I am known at CVS for "my" carrot cake (yeah right, it's totally Paula's) and I am known in some groups of friends for killer mashed potatoes (again, way to go Paula for making me look totally awesome). Cooking is an outlet for me and I will let you in on a little secret, it also makes me feel wonderfully loved when people love my cooking. My "dream" is to own my own little bakery. I'm sure this would only happen if we won the lottery, but still, I like to think it could happen. Paula has made me look like a great success and an unbelievable wife. I can't believe I'm going to tell you the biggest secret of all.....her recipes are FOOL-PROOF! You can't go wrong! It's the best thing ever. If you don't have a Paula Deen cookbook in your house, I highly recommend you run out and get one. Jordan highly recommends you run out to our house and take one of the 6 that I have!

Another little additive: A friend of my mom's calls her Kitchen Aid mixer her "Paula Deen". LOVE IT! I love giving names to things that are just things. (as in, my car's name is Georgia and I have went as far as to name my friend's van....yeah, I have issues). Have a great week and cook till your heart's content!

3 comments:

  1. Can you believe I've never seen a Paula Deen recipe? I know her best from seeing her face on hams at Kroger. :)
    I'll take one of those 6 cookbooks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hilarious! I'm so glad your blogging! Cant wait till the next post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cayce--Paula would be your biggest enemy right now since you are doing WW. Let me know when you get need a really "bad" congratulations to yourself for your success!

    Cassandra! I was happy to see you blogging too. Maybe we can keep in touch better this way!

    ReplyDelete