Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Pursey...Jobs....Earthquakes....

1. I have pictures of Pursey on Dylan's birthday that I promise I will post soon. To be totally honest, I am too forgetful to get my camera out of the car in the afternoons and I am too lazy to go back to the garage and get it out once I'm inside. I know, it's sad.

2. Well, I did it. I applied for a job. That's right, I applied for a job 4 months before graduation. I asked a ton of people about it before I did it and everyone had the same answer: It's not too soon and DO IT! So, I did. I applied for a job as a Community Representative at the American Cancer Society. This is exactly the kind of job I am looking for. It's pretty much going out into the community and forming relationships with people who support ACS and with people who have been touched by ACS. The other part of the job is helping with events and programs that ACS is involved in. This job is PERFECT......which is why I am being a Negative Nancy and a Debbie Downer when I tell myself that I will not even be called about the job. I know that they will see that they can't "have" me until May and move on. But man, I really want this job.

3. I would tell you about what I've learned this week at the HD, but I don't want to scare the general public with earthquake junk that scared me during a workshop this morning. So, just a little FYI, we will have an earthquake eventually in this part of the country. Who knows when and who knows how bad. But.....know that to be prepared, anchor bookshelves and other heavy stuff to your walls and to the floor. (This has been a public service announcement from Kelly Strunk for future earthquake safety). Your welcome for the info and the love.

4. Have a good week. Pray about my job. It's the least you can do after I gave you earthquake infomation. :)


2 comments:

  1. I shouldn't be commenting on your blog.
    But I am.

    Good luck with the job search. I hope you get the ACS one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are totally right. You probably shouldn't post on my blog. I feel like I have lost many friends due to the craziness of school and work. This semester seems even worse because it's like I have school, a full time job, and a part time job. Please don't write me off yet! Let's try to make it to May before you make a final decision!

    ReplyDelete